It was a few days before my birthday and I hadn’t decided on what I wanted to do yet. I just wanted to skip the parties, the bottles and the boozy brunch (which would have me in the house by 6pm anyway).
What did I do? I took the metro north 2 hours of us and went to Beacon. The city was just has a rich in history as it looks with all the antique shops, old art galleries, and used book stores. I got to Beacon around 11am just in time for DIA to open. DIA is a modern art museum set on 26 acres of land located by the Hudson River. Oh yea, when I say modern I mean modern. I alway think about how long it took for the artists to create it and why.
If you ever go you have to:
- Go to DIA museum
- Go hiking
- Take a walk on Main st (good used books for $1)
- But don’t leave until you have eaten a pulled pork sandwich from the DIA cafe.
- Biking (great views)
The day trip only cost around $36 (including DIA entrance). Here is the link for more info.
Starting from the Metro North – 125th st.
- Inspiration.. Need more on this look? Im creating a ‘Get The Look’ post this week for more options and How-To.
- Comment your thoughts on this post below and click the subscribe button for giveaways, new finds and outfit inspiration.
- Follow along on social media (icons on right hand side). Daily adventures on Snapchat: StyleSocietyGuy
- Shop more of my favorite pieces on my ‘Shop With‘ page.