Last Summer I ended up wearing a suit WAY more than expected. Two weddings, a rooftop social and a couple of business meetings and they all required suits of course. Don’t get me wrong I love a good suit but when its hit 103 degrees, its just not something i look forward to.
Ive got you covered on how to make Summer formals really easy. Invite those suits back into your Summer adventures with really thin material and light lining. This masterpiece is from Combatant Gentlemen and it is truly a stunner! Its affordable and lightweight (exactly what I needed for Summer). The level of sophistication on this suit is superb. With details like and 100% Italian, glen plaid pattern and cool blue shade. My shirt is also a semi-spread collar from Combatant Gentlemen. Formal options coming shortly after this post.
I wanted to give you all an idea of how I modified the suit. I had this tailored and it fit perfect after one try.
- I took in the back of the jacket
- Shorten the sleeves
- Took in sleeves
- Took in trousers
- 2 1/2 hem to trousers
Where To Wear:
- Outdoor event (horse racing, graduation party)
- Rooftop social
What I Wore:
Suit: Combatant Gentlemen (here)
Shirt: Combatant Gentlemen (here)
Socks: Richer Poorer (here)
Shoes: Coach (here)
What & How To Wear:
- T shirt + Blazer
- Light Cotton or Linen suits
- Polo + chino options
- Shirt with open collar and slacks
- Light color watches
Hope you can find a formal but comfortable combo with the guide above.
- Shop more of my favorite pieces on my ‘Shop With‘ page.
- Comment your thoughts on this post below and click the subscribe button for giveaways, new finds and outfit inspiration.
- Follow along on social media (icons on right hand side). Daily adventures on Snapchat: StyleSocietyGuy
Photos by: Vanessa of Enteresant.com